What is Cosmetic Dentistry and How Can It Help You?
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
First, cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized dental specialty. There are no American Dental Association-accredited postgraduate programs in cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic is just an adjective used to describe a dentist’s interest in all of the issues related to a beautiful smile.
The term cosmetic dentistry is a blanket term that includes a variety of dental treatments aimed at improving the teeth and smile. Your smile can play a significant role in your overall confidence and self-esteem. At Stone Oak Aesthetic Dentistry, our team is committed to blending beauty and durability to help you feel confident in your smile. Through cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Robbins and Dr. Beckel can treat both major and minor dental issues, including gaps, cracked teeth, discolorations, a gummy smile and many more. No matter the treatment, the goal is always a beautiful, healthy smile.
Cosmetic dentistry may include:
- Bleaching and whitening teeth to improve the color and tone of your smile.
- Porcelain veneers to enhance the look of your smile by covering discolored or misshapen teeth and helping to even out tooth spacing and uneven surfaces.
- Bonding to fill in gaps, fix chipped teeth or repair small amounts of tooth decay or cavities.
- Crowns to cover decayed teeth and give you a strong surface with which to chew and bite.
- Recontouring to help improve uneven gum lines, create proportional teeth and lengthen the appearance of the teeth.
- Bridges to replace missing teeth.
To see the difference cosmetic dentistry can make, both on your smile and your oral health, visit our Smile Stories page to see examples of past patients we’ve treated. To learn more about cosmetic dentistry or to schedule your own comprehensive aesthetic exam, contact our office to speak to one of our highly trained team members. We look forward to providing you with unparalleled care.